What if you’re granted just one wish right now? What would your wish be? Would it be wealth, fame, an ideal relationship, or an ideal body?
Be careful for what you wish for though. What if it comes true? Could you handle the outcome of your wishes? If you’re wishing for success, could you even maintain it?
Maintaining Your Success Is More Than Twice as Difficult as Reaching It
You can get rich quickly, but maintaining your riches would always have to be for the long run, that is, unless you want to lose it quickly, too!
Impatience provokes us to reach for the things we want in the soonest possible time.
- We want to get rich – NOW
- We want to be famous – NOW
- We want to have our ideal relationship – NOW
- We want to lose weight – NOW
But what if we could have all those things NOW? For how long could we hold on to them? For how long could we prevent losing them again?
Many people have succeeded using get-rich-quick schemes. Some have even won a huge fortune through the lottery. But how many have ever succeeded in maintaining their riches? Many have lost weight through crash diets that almost starved them to death. But how many have been able to maintain their desired weight? Many people have also seemingly found their ideal relationships. They followed certain books that told them how to behave like somebody else just to get the people they want. For how long could they pretend and fool the ones they loved?
You may magically see a genie right now who could grant your wishes of sudden fame, fortune and happiness NOW. But before ever making that wish, think about it deeply. Could you hold on to what you’re given? Achieving these things only to lose them over again would only be more painful in the end. It could also trap you into a life you don’t really want.
- Before you attain your riches, try to discern deep in your heart how you would really like to earn money. Would you like to earn money through a certain means over and over again?
- Before attaining fame, try to imagine how it is to be a famous person. Could you tolerate all the attention given to you? How would you handle all the requests and pressures around you?
- Before getting into a quick relationship with someone by pretending to be somebody else, try to see if you would really want to be loved for the person that you are not.
- Before getting into that crash diet or exercise program, ask yourself if you could maintain a lifestyle that supports that kind of body you want.
Maintaining your success is more than twice as difficult as reaching it. Seek not for success first. Seek for the person you really want to be and for the kind of life you truly desire.
Hi, I'm Joyce! If there is anything that's bothering you, or if you just need someone to talk to and pray for you, you can write to me by clicking here YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
"I bare my nakedness to the world that the world may see who I am; not the mask that hides my flaws, not the mask that hides my beauty. I bask in the light and I TAKE OFF THE MASK!"